- Is saying Merry Christmas Haram?
- What do Muslims celebrate instead of Christmas?
- Why do we say Merry Christmas not Happy Christmas?
- Why are we celebrating Christmas?
- What is another way to say Merry Christmas?
- What does Christmas mean in Greek?
- What is the true origin of Christmas?
- Why do we give gifts at Christmas?
- When was Jesus actually born?
- What should I write in my family and friends Christmas card?
- What do you write in a Greek Christmas card?
- How do I say Merry Christmas to my girlfriend?
Is saying Merry Christmas Haram?
It’s forbidden for Muslims to celebrate Christmas and participate in Christmas parties and proceedings.
It’s forbidden for Muslims to say Merry Christmas for zillions of reasons.
You may only utter the words Merry Christmas if there is a possibility that Christians will hate you for not saying it..
What do Muslims celebrate instead of Christmas?
Muslims all over the world are celebrating Eid al-Fitr, one of the religion’s principal festivals. In August, Muslims will celebrate Eid al-Adha.
Why do we say Merry Christmas not Happy Christmas?
In the 17th century, Christmas was neither merry nor happy – it was illegal. Puritans in England and in America banned the holiday as licentious, a non-biblical holdover from pagan times. Christmas was to be a day of regular work and an occasion to remember God, not fill the belly.
Why are we celebrating Christmas?
Christians celebrate Christmas Day as the anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, a spiritual leader whose teachings form the basis of their religion.
What is another way to say Merry Christmas?
The basicsMerry Christmas.Happy Hanukkah.Joyous Kwanzaa.Yuletide Greetings.Happy holidays.Joyeux Noël.Feliz Navidad.Seasons Greetings.More items…•
What does Christmas mean in Greek?
If you know the Greek meaning of X, Xmas and Christmas essentially mean the same thing: Christ + mas = Christmas.
What is the true origin of Christmas?
Christmas, Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus. The English term Christmas (“mass on Christ’s day”) is of fairly recent origin. The earlier term Yule may have derived from the Germanic jōl or the Anglo-Saxon geōl, which referred to the feast of the winter solstice.
Why do we give gifts at Christmas?
A Christmas gift or Christmas present is a gift given in celebration of Christmas. … The practice of giving gifts during Christmastide, according to Christian tradition, is symbolic of the presentation of the gifts by the Three Wise Men to the infant Jesus.
When was Jesus actually born?
By the fourth century, however, we find references to two dates that were widely recognized — and now also celebrated — as Jesus’ birthday: December 25 in the western Roman Empire and January 6 in the East (especially in Egypt and Asia Minor).
What should I write in my family and friends Christmas card?
For Friends “Peace and joy to you and yours this Christmas season.” “Wishing you a very merry Christmas and the chance to do lots more fishing in the new year!” “Thinking warmly of each of you and wishing your family an extra measure of comfort, joy and hope this Christmas.” “Have your best Christmas ever!”
What do you write in a Greek Christmas card?
2. Holiday Greetings and Wishes for the Holiday Season1- Merry Christmas! Καλά Χριστούγεννα! … 2- Have a happy New Year! Καλή χρονιά! … 3- Have a great winter vacation! Καλές χειμερινές διακοπές! … 4- See you next year! … 5- Warm wishes! … 6- Happy holidays! … 7- Enjoy the holidays! … 8- Best wishes for the New Year!More items…•
How do I say Merry Christmas to my girlfriend?
Christmas Love Messages for Girlfriend I love you so much, Merry Christmas and happy new-year! This year you will get a nice Christmas gift and my heart on top of it. I love you and wishing you a Happy Merry Christmas! Love is a heavenly feeling and it becomes all the more special when you are in my arms.